Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Miss Whimsical Beauty 2013

Saturday, February 16 was our "Valentine's" pageant, Miss Whimsical Beauty. The entire concept behind this pageant was for it to be different and unique, which is what is becoming known of Natural Elegance. I didn't want the typical hearts, puppies, bows and arrows type pageant. So, I thought back to my own childhood of something that I loved, something that made my feel happy and wispy: Miss Whimsical Beauty was born :)


 



I had a vision for this pageant from the very beginning! I was seeing angel wings, flowers, mushrooms, moss! Most everyone around me thought I was a little off my rocker, but I knew it was going to be gorgeous! This was our largest pageant since May with a total of 72 contestants! That is unbelievable! I allowed the divisions to split, so we grew pretty large! 








3 days of making all those tissue paper balls and flowers on the arbor! It turned out STUNNING! We stuffed every nook and cranny we could find. I also spent 3.5 days making huge mushrooms for the floor decor. We took 2 of those with some greenery and moss and placed on each side of the arbor. 








Our Whimsy Buffet was our biggest hit, yet! Colored gourmet marshmallows, cupcakes, popcorn and cotton candy! Huge pickles and drinks sold out! By pageant 3, we were scrounging to find people to make cup, drink and cupcake runs for us!



 Crowns for this pageant were unbelievably elegant. They fit the theme to a "T". The girls had a fit! 6 inches for Queens and 8 inches for our Supremes. Alternates and Princesses also received their very own tiaras, as usual :)




 Something different I wanted to add was something to the Supremes. I purchased huge real feather white angel wings to add to their awards. Then, I felt bad for the Queens, so I ordered a little smaller size for all of them! They were PRECIOUS!







Since this was our biggest pageant since May, I was really running around like crazy making sure everything was going as planned and being sure the girls were comfortable and happy. I think this was one of the funnest pageants, yet for them! Everyone loved the theme and loved the decor!
Check out some of the pics below of some of our GORGEOUS girls! The whimsy wear was adorable! 


















I was overwhelmed that day by something else. I received so many gifts from my girls for Valentine's Day it brought tears to my eyes! I received cookies, cakes, cards, bears, flowers! It was SO Sweet the pure hearts these girls had! Absolutely made my day more than they will ever know!!! 





Congratulations to the EVERYONE! All the girls did amazing and worked it! Here is a collage of all of our Miss Whimsical Beauty 2013 Queens and Supremes! WHAT A FUN DAY! 




No comments:

Post a Comment