Monday, February 11, 2013

Queen's Excursion: Feb 2013: GA Aquarium

One of the big perks of being active with Natural Elegance and being a Queen is having the chance to partake in our Queen's Excursions. These are days every quarter I gather a few queens, take them for a day, spend some time with them and let them have some fun!

For our first one, I took 3 Queens, Mackenzie, Hannah Faith and Anna, to the Georgia Aquarium. I was as excited for this as much as the girls.....if not more! We made sure to get tickets to see Dolphin Tales, which was as good as a SeaWorld show ever wished to be.

The whole purpose for these is to spend some time with these girls, get to know them a little better, take them to some places they can enjoy and give back to their mamas as a "thank you" for being such a special part of NE.




These sweet girls had such a good time! It was so special to watch them soak up every minute. To me, spending time with my girls is VERY important. Whether it is our nursing home visits, pageants or taking them out for a day, I want them to know how special they are. 



We spent about 4 hours at the aquarium! They went to the touching tanks, Mackenzie touched the stingrays a few times, but Anna and Hannah Faith were having NO part in that! So cute...they'd follow them just above the water with their two fingers out..but just never made it INTO the water to actually do it!






After we left and the girls were done, we were starving. We took them to a cute little Pizzaria and got their little bellies full. I will never forget watching them sitting at their own little table, chatting away and laughing, talking about pageants and realizing this 3 girls compete against each other in the same division. There was absolutely no hostility, no competition...just pure fun and love. My heart must have grown 4 sizes.

Thank you to the mama's for allowing Billy and I to take them away for a few hours!

1 comment:

  1. A huge "thank you" to you and Billy for investing so much time into our girls. We know that the girls in your pageants are not just another number or another entry fee to you... you make each girl feel special and you build their confidence every time you see them. When Hannah Faith wanted to begin competing in pageants last year, I was skeptical because I've seen "pageant families" and I have not been impressed. I'm so glad that the Lord placed your pageant system in our laps... thanks for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete