Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bell Minor Nursing Home Visit: Valentines

Sunday, February 17, the day after Miss Whimsical beauty, some of our girls gathered at Bell Minor Nursing Home for our February Valentine's visit. I looked forward to this more than the pageant I think! WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW PROUD I AM OF THE ONES WHO CAME! 


Words also cannot express how appreciative I am to these sweet and caring mamas who brought the children that day and are teaching them what it means to give back and spend some time with those who don't have a lot of people surrounding them. 


These kids are AMAZING! 



We want to give a huge thank you to our NE crew member, Brianna and also Sabrina who make this possible for us! We are truly a family environment and these girls love each one of them.

We have such a good time! It isn't a sad day that most might think. Its a very uplifting day..for me, the moms and the kids. They get to see how they can touch the hearts of these residents by smiles, hugs and cheap heartfelt crafts. Taking a small ONE or TWO hours out of our busy schedules can change a life. There were several residents who remembered these girls from our Christmas visit. How much more touching can you get?


I wish everyone could understand what it means to these residents when the girls come. I'm crying as I write this because I grew up doing this, I know what it means to them. Those who have never or don't have a want to experience this is truly missing out and the children are missing out. Each of these girls didn't just give a blessing that day, they received one. The won't remember which crowns they won or what sashes looked like when they are 30. They will remember THIS. 


My sweet girls know Im addicted to the Shamrock Shakes. I think every one of them went and got one afterwards! For our Saint Patrick's day visit next month, Im going to take them all out and buy them one myself! Love them! 


So thank you again to the mamas who have had their children a part of this, thank you to Brianna and Sabrina for making this possible and thank you to these girls who have hearts the size of Texas. You ARE making a difference, one life and craft at a time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment