Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sydney: September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month: Our own Queen winning the fight against Ewings Sarcoma

Every parent's WORST nightmare is to hear your baby has cancer. I couldn't imagine hearing those words about my little boy. I just don't know if I would be strong enough to handle it. With that being said, I think most parents think that way until the day comes and you DO hear that.


I'm such a firm believe that God specifically places certain people in our lives for a reason. About a year ago to the month, I received a phone call from a super sweet lady wanting to enter her daughter into our Miss Rockabilly pageant. I was leaving for vacation and wasn't answering messages or calls that week. When I returned home, the Tween division had filled due to payments coming in. Tammy called me and I informed her the division had filled while I was gone. Her daughter's heart was broken and so was hers. 

I learned a little more about Sydney and how she had just went into remission from battling Ewings Sarcoma and she was wanting to add pageants to her resume and try them out. 

I asked everyone in the Tween division if any of the girls would like to crown for me instead of competing, then we could have an open space for Sydney. We had a volunteer and so it began. :)


A year passed by and Natural Elegance was blessed to have this young lady a part of our family. She competed in almost all of our pageants and queened at most of them, along with some other systems. Healthy and happy, she was a ray of sunshine and hope. 







Sydney isn't only a pageant queen, but she is an avid dancer, as well. Grace just oozes off this gal. 



A few months ago, I received a call from Tammy. God had decided to ask her to fight against this monster called cancer once again. Hearts were broken, tears were shed...and this little one is so much stronger than any of us. My heart wasn't only broken for her, but for her family. I could not and would not ever want to imagine what they are going through.

Sydney wanted to compete in our Miss Burnin' Love pageant so bad, which would mark a year of her being part of our family. She would be going through her 2nd week of chemo the week before our pageant. Lots of prayer went up for her that she would feel well enough just to be able to make it to the pageant to see her pageant sisters. 

Saturday came and they showed up! And not to mention, Sydney looked like a million bucks! Huge smile on her face, as usual :) Hugs, Loves and Kisses were given out and it was competition time. 

SHE ROCKED IT and Supremed! 



Everyone knows we execute our Queen for Day days and, Lord knows, we need to take care of our own. The system and our SWEET mamas rallied together within a matter of a few weeks and were able to present her with an abundance of goodies of her small favorite things. 

This baby had no idea, thanks to her sweet mama for keeping it a secret, that she had some goodies to take home with her! It was a sweet and touching moment to share with her on that stage and see her face. I love her more than she will ever know and she holds a very special place in my heart. 




For those wondering, Ewing's sarcoma is a malignant small, round, blue cell tumour. It is a rare disease in which cancer cells are found in the bone or in soft tissue. The most common areas in which it occurs are the pelvis, the femur, the humerus, the ribs and clavicle (collar bone).

Sydney will leave on September 24 for Houston Texas for more treatment and surgery. I am asking everyone who reads this to pray for this child and her family who shouldn't have to watch her fight for her life. 

My heart is very much broken to see this happen to Sydney. Cancer does not discriminate. Spread awareness and pray for these innocent children who do not deserve to battle this during their most lively years of life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment