Thursday, September 19, 2013

2013-2014 Ambassador Queens: Mackenzie and Layla

As far back as I can remember, I have been involved in some sort of community work, thanks to my sweet Mother who raised me that way. I was very blessed growing up, being part of the Lakeshore Mall Mascots, in which my mother was over, heavily involved with The American Heart Association, church functions, all sorts of fund raisers and walks and so on. I constantly had my hands in something and I loved it. 

One thing most people don't realize is what you really imprint on a child, they remember and it makes them who they are as adults. I started NE with the full intent on community work being first and foremost...above and beyond just pageants and crowns. 

In December, 2012 we had our very first nursing home visit. Since then, we have had multiple events with so much more planned, we are growing by leaps and bounds in all aspects of our system. Keeping God first and doing HIS work is what has made NE what it is today. 

I decided right before our Miss Burnin' Love pageant I wanted to add a very special title to our system. This annual title would go to the girl(s) who had attended the most community service events, without the intent of "winning" anything. I went back through all our pictures and found we had two very special young ladies who had been to every one, so I awarded two Ambassador Queens on August 31, 2013. 


They each would receive a full round crown, a rhinestone sash, a framed custom NE certificate, would have several perks throughout the following year including 3 trips, free entry into certain events and some more little surprises. This is, by far, our most prestigious title. They have responsibilities throughout the year which includes still attending the events as we have them. They will be mentors to their pageant sisters and a staple of Natural Elegance. 

(Ambassador Queens do NOT have to win a pageant in order to qualify)


Mackenzie has been competing with us since our first pageant in May 2012. She has grown with us and has a special place in all our hearts. Mackenzie has a contagious personality and she makes each and every girl feel welcome who come to our pageants as newbies. She always has a smile on her face and has a bond with these girls that is unbreakable. Below is a little blurb she wrote about "winning" and I couldn't have said it better myself! 


Our next Ambassador is little Layla. Layla came to us in September of 2012 and hasn't left. She is our "little mama", always chasing around the babies and taking care of them. She has such a pure heart and a personality to die for. Her little giggle is the cutest you've ever heard! 


Below is a little something Layla wanted to write about Natural Elegance. So sweet and so pure. 


I just can't preach it enough that our work helping others is what is important. ANY girl who is active with our system is welcome to attend any of our community events and receive the ambassador tallies for the following year. Most of the time, it only takes a couple ours of time per month. That isn't a lot to ask to brighten someone else's day. I hope next year, we are crowning 10 Ambassadors! 

A very special thanks to not only these two young ladies, but to their mamas who have made the commitment to have these girls involved in things that will not only make wonderful memories for them, but will mold them into adults who will have compassion and a desire to pass this along to others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment