Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Miss NE Anniversary Pageant 2013


Yep, I'm misty eyed as I make this blog and see these pictures.
April 27, 2013 was our Miss NE Anniversary pageant, basically our big state pageant and it marked one year of NE's existence.

 I'll give you all a little background. I started NE by a poolside wanting something to do in my free time. My mom, sister and hubby were with me and NE was born that night. A true, natural, fun and different pageant system, centered around Community service is what I wanted. I wanted to carry on what my mother instilled in me during my youth.....GIVING BACK. I intended on a couple of pageants a year.....L.O.L........at this time, we were doing at least one per month. :)
s
I wanted this pageant to be the most extravagant, classy, and luxurious one we had ever had!  I found the most gorgeous venue I could find, the Community House in Cornelia GA, the most luxurious crowns I could find and I had black lace sashes made. Everything about this pageant was pure luxury.

I also wanted to do something special and different. I offered a party the night before and not just a fun little party, something with some meaning. So we had a GO GOLD Party for Silas, a little boy who had terminal cancer. He asked everyone to paint their nails gold for childhood cancer. So we had cookies to decorate, a dance party and a nail painting party!

The kids had a BLAST!


This pageant was by far, the most sentimental one we've had. It meant so much more to me than a crown. I've watch some of these girls for a year now, grow into true pageant girls, I've truly gained another little family.





Our OOC was DIVA wear and let me tell you, these girls owned it!  








 The picture below has a story, and yep, Im misty eyed again thinking back to it. These 3 girls have been with me since the very beginning. Pictured left to right: Hannah Faith, Anna and Mackenzie. These girls are very active with our system. They and their sweet mamas planned a little surprise for the audience and myself! The little stinkers dressed up as "me", did little skits in front of everyone during our tallying and I almost died. How thoughtful, sweet and just plain fun?? I am so truly blessed, I say it all the time, but it is the truth. These are lifetime memories for them and me.






 I am so grateful for everyone who came....this pageant was amazing. Great atmosphere, great kids, great moms and great venue! The venue was amazing....words just do it no justice. Below are our Queens and Supremes.













No comments:

Post a Comment