Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mister and Miss Rockabilly!

Our July 2012 pageant was the one and only, Mister and Miss Rockabilly! Some people were very curious as to how this pageant was going to come off. I had planned to have a true Elvis impersonator perform and try out custom crowns. I was a bit nervous how people were going to perceive this one, but i knew it would be fun and different and the kids would have a blast!

By the time pageant week rolled around, we ended up with an almost full pageant, just 4 shy from being full, and an absolutely amazing stage set up with amazing awards!



GORGEOUS awards and set up!



Custom crowns and sashes made from fabric purchased directly from Elvis Presley's Graceland! 
It was time for pageant 1 to start. Low and behold, I end up having a heart spell. I have several electrical problems wrong with my heart and when a spell happens, an ER visit is necessary to bring my heart back to normal. So off I went, having to leave my family, judges and volunteers to direct this production! They did BEAUTIFULLY! My judges pulled together, my family and workers ran the pageant and  I ended up bringing on a permanent MC, Angela Martin. I made it back just in time for Pageant 2 to start! I was so heartbroken I didn't get to see my babies get crowned in Pageant 1. Broke. My. Heart. However, I am still so thankful for everyone who was a part that day. If not for all of you, it could have went to shambles!

Harold Schulz, who was our Elvis, was truly remarkable. He not only put on a great show, but he was WONDERFUL with our girls! He would play with them backstage and  take pictures with anyone! I couldn't have asked for anyone any better!
One of our Queens, Tiffany and myself!

Queen Kendall with our Elvis!
 I decided at this pageant to start doing participation tiaras at these big pageants to go along with the participation trophies and ribbon sashes. This way, each and every single girl feels special, yet there is still competition to win those big custom crowns, as you can see below on Mackenzie, one of our Supreme winners!
Ava was one of our Supreme winners!

Supreme Queen, Mackenzie!
 I saw so many smiling faces at the end of each pageant! It was pure bliss! The kids had a blast! That my friends, is what it's all about! I say this a million times, yes, pageantry is a competition, but if those girls and guys don't have a good time and feel special, it isn't worth it!
Proud and having fun after the pageant! Pageant friends <3

Divisional Queen, Samantha!

The Rockabilly pageant was a HUGE success and I'm debating on having it as a yearly pageant. I had such a good time and enjoyed seeing every single girl and guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment